Before we dive into the ‘new year, new me’ movement, let’s take a moment to celebrate all that you’ve accomplished so far in your lifetime. Gratitude and celebrating your successes will help set you up for continued success. Take 5 minutes and write out some of the things you’ve already achieved…here’s some things that might be included in your list:
- I survived 2020 and 2021!
- I worked hard on a class I was struggling in and made some progress in learning the material
- I have friends and family who love me
- I set (insert type here) goal and made progress towards achieving it
- I have a roof over my head and food on the table
Achieving goals and being grateful does not have to come in a robust task – it can be all the small blessings in life that surround you. Find peace in everything you have achieved….and then you can go out in the world with your head held high and work towards your next big goal.