Campusroups.com created a list of 50 ways college students can maximize their summer break. We’ve found our top 5 favorites for you (covid friendly), but you can review the full list here: 50 Ways for College Students to Maximize Summer Break.
- Learn a new skill to add to your resume. Skills are learnable assets that can enhance your ability to achieve your goals. Pick a topic and dive in! You’ll never know where those skills can lead you.
- Plan a budget for the upcoming school year. Put together a budget for your books, living expenses, etc. This will help you save over the summer so that you’ll be prepared when it’s time to return to school.
- Join a summer sports league. Get outdoors, get social and get moving. All things that can benefit your mental and physical health!
- Go camping with friends. Being outdoors can help you get grounded and connect to your inner self. Grab some friends and hit the outdoors for some time in the sun, a hiking adventure and storytime around the campfire.
- Polish up your LinkedIn profile. Whether you’re trying to secure a summer job or planning for your future, an up-to-date LinkedIn profile can be beneficial. Once it’s time to utilize your LinkedIn, you may not have the time to make the necessary updates. Reviewing and updating every 6 months can maximize your time later.