One year past the start of the pandemic has many people in a state of reflection. Individuals are looking back remembering how it felt, this time last year. Many are realizing how far they have come, while for others it is becoming clear just how little has changed. Though the slogan, “We are in this together” was thrown around a lot in those first few months, it is apparent that this pandemic has not produced the same experience for everyone.
How has it been for you?
Have you stopped for self-reflection?
Consider asking yourself,
- What did I learn the most this past year about myself and those closest to me?
- What am I most grateful for from this past year?
- What was I most afraid of?
- What has been the greatest challenge this past year?
- What do these answers reveal about myself?
Whatever your experience has been like, wouldn’t it be great to look back and see growth? “You grow through what you go through” is a common quote delivered by many ranging from actor Tyrese Gibson to author Fred Famble and many in between.
There is no escaping challenge in this life. Let’s hope we are growing in its wake.